Friday, January 20, 2012

Change doesn’t happen in a vacuum -- it needs people to make it happen.

Often times I wonder what thoughts people have as they read the opinions I post -- which is why I have said, "I welcome your thoughts and opinions"

Occasionally I do get the odd comment, and they are appreciated ... whether you agree with me or not.  I appreciate them as I would like this to be a bit of a sounding board for me, and for you.  The other thing is, it gives me the opportunity to take a fresh look at what I think, and why.

Today, someone took a quick moment to drop me a line with regards to a post I had a couple of days ago ... that was; The argument of last resort … the one of desperation … “Don’t split the vote".

This person posted their comment anonymously, and so I have no idea who they are.  Regardless, in their comments, they made a very valid and important point ... we are not always going to agree 100% with the policies of any political party.  Here is what they had to say:
I'm a libertarian Conservative and am proud of my leader. Not religious at all. In fact, I initially only joined the party for a year in order to determine, whether or not, it was too far social right for me.

My interactions with and the statements from our party leaders led me to signed up for the full 5 year program and get directly involved with the New West CA.

I'm with Alan on this. i.e.  Do I agree with every direction he takes our party? Nope. (The only person I agree 100% with is my wife. Even when I don't, she reminds me I do.)


It costs $10 to join for a year. Find out what it is about. I think you'll find out it is about the people of BC and not how to get funding from special interests to stay in power.

Alan: Enjoy your blog.

I took the time to answer them with the following comment
Hello anonymous...

I have to agree that it is unlikely anyone is going to agree 100% with the direction of any organization -- let alone a political party. That said, the BC Conservative sure seems to most fit with the direction I would like to see for our province.

And ... I'm glad to see you've become involved!

As for Paul being a relative. He and I spoke last September at the AGM in Nanaimo. We agreed somewhere way back in Norway we probably have mutual relatives.

Thanks for your comments :)
Here’s another reason why I appreciated the comments this writer had to make.  Change doesn’t happen in a vacuum -- it needs people to make it happen.  This writer, and I, have both decided the BC Conservative Party is the vehicle we want to use to see change happen.

Others have determined that perhaps the right vehicle for them is to be involved with the New Democrats, the Liberals, or the Green Party. 

Here the bottom line; change will never happen unless each of us gets involved

So here’s my question to you.  Are you sitting on the sidelines simply complaining that things will never change?  If you are, then see what choices and options are available to you ... and as this person did ... and then get involved.

I’m Alan Forseth in Kamloops, with the thoughts of one conservative.

No comments: