Tuesday, August 21, 2012

I take the philosophy that "Common sense is neither right wing, or left wing" to heart and believe myself to be a fiscal conservative with a social conscience.

That's me (Alan Forseth) with BC Conservative
Party leader John Cummins
Greetings friends ...

I would like to let you know I have submitted my name to Jeff Bridge, to let him know I will be seeking a position as a Director at Large, for the BC Conservative Party at our AGM in September.

I have been a member of the party now for nearly 3 years, and was initially the interim President for Kamloops South Thompson, as well as the interim Regional Director for Kamloops Thompson Fraser Nicola (Reg 10). I currently am Secretary of the Kamloops South Thompson CA, and continue to be a designated (by the party) Regional Director for Kamloops Thompson Fraser Nicola.


While we have not seen the kind of growth as some CA's in the Okanagan, we have made great strides moving forward from a starting point that initially stood at about 1 dozen members.


As you know, from reading this, I write the Conservative Thoughts blog, which although it has no direct ties to the BC Conservative party, is fully supportive of the BCCP and our goal of achieving government.

I take the philosophy that "Common sense is neither right wing, or left wing" to heart and believe myself to be a fiscal conservative with a social conscience. I also believe that while a Board of Directors can have some differences of opinion on direction, it can be brought together with people that are willing to listen to both sides, and then try and steer things to a win-win solution.

For those who are not aware, I was also part of the Reform movement in BC in the early / mid-90's, and in fact ran as a candidate for BC Reform in the 1996 election. Following that election, I saw too much-finger pointing, dissension, and to be blunt -- Pride - that got in the way of the good that could have been done. Sadly, the result was the implosion of the party.

We as small 'c' conservatives, have a great opportunity to return grassroots, common sense, government to BC -- let's all work together towards that goal!

If you will be attending the BC Conservative Party AGM in Langley, I hope that you will give me your consideration when it comes time to select the people you wish to be "Directors at Large".  I ask for your support.

I'm Alan Forseth in Kamloops.

No comments: