Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Some of you will know this message is being directed to you ...

Where does the BC Conservative Party go now that no seats were won in the general election, and leader John Cummins has stepped aside to allow the party to begin a search for a new leader? 

Those are good questions, and ones that all members should be giving serious consideration too.

Sadly I already know of some members who have already decided that there is no future for the party.  I RESPECTFULLY have to disagree! 

In fact, some of the people I know who have, or are considering this move, are the very people that this party DOES need to have as members.  Despite what some who are outside the party, including those in the media, have to say ... we are a party that is working towards creating the kind of common sense ideals that can appeal to most British Columbians.


Does BC still have a choice of the BC Conservative Party?
Already much has been done to lay the foundation for this -- however the work is not complete -- and an inclusive and open discussion must take place to make sure the party can, and will be, relevant. 


To tell you the truth, I was exhausted after the past couple of years, and especially after all of the work that went into our own local Kamloops South Thompson campaign.  I was ready for a long, and what I felt was well deserved, break.  I was wrong!

The real work really must begin, and all small 'c' conservatives need to be on board.

Let me repeat that ... ALL small 'c' conservative who believe in fiscal values of accountability ... who believe in being responsive to the people of BC ... and who has a social conscience that says we MUST offer a hand-up to those that need it ... need to be on board.

Many are tired of the work that has been put in ... but no real goal(s) can be realized without effort.

I never really was out of the saddle following the election, but I did take a bit of a respite.  For those who were in the same place as I was emotionally, or who have been considering they have no more to give, then I ask you to consider this. 

Look back at what it was you were trying to achieve and ask yourself ... "Are the goals you wished to reach any different than they were before?"

Some of you will know this message is being directed to you.  Regardless ... let me say that I respect whatever the choice is that some of you have made, or will make. 

I'm Alan Forseth in Kamloops with the thoughts of one conservative.

No comments: