Saturday, January 1, 2011

OK, where do I sign up?

Well as you probably know, I have been busy enjoying family and friends, and taken a short break from the Conservative Thoughts blog which I started a couple of weeks ago.

Anyway, long story short, there were a zillion emails in my personal email inbox to review after not checking it for the past couple of days.  So what stood out for me amongst all of them??? – it was the following:

OK, where do I sign up?  I have had it with the liars and crooks who have betrayed the voters.  I don't know, if elected to govern, that the BC Conservative Party would honestly serve the people.  But, God forgive me for saying this: Surely they can't be any worse!

That said I am prepared to become a member.  I will also let my e-mail buddies in on this because many of them are looking for another political party to support, the Liberals and NDP'ers can go to hell, the sooner the better.

What do I think of this email?  We’ll first of all I am glad he contracted us and actually still wants to be a part of ANY political party.  Second it just goes to reinforce for me what the current state of politics in BC has come to – voters thinking, the alternative can't be any worse than what we've got.

The arrogance of the current Liberal government ... and politicians in general believing all they have to do is make a few promises at election time and then they can ignore voters for another 4 years and do as they please ... has got to end.

The BC Conservative Party is calling for real changes in government accountability; and with the support of voters across the province in the next provincial election to be held May 2013, that accountability is going to return with a BC Conservative government!

Are you like the person that emailed me because guess what … up until earlier this year I felt the same way.  That’s changed however as more and more I see people prepared to show both the Liberals and the NDP that they are tired of them not serving the interests of the general public.

I urge you to work together to bring the vision of a strong third party — one that could take up the reins of power — to reality. 

So now I have to ask; like the person I received the email from, are you ready to say, OK, where do I sign up? “

No comments: