Monday, June 27, 2011

Results of the Carbon Tax??? Well to date NO response has been received


As you will note below, on June 13th I requested information regarding BC's Carbon Tax to ...

Terry Lake (MLA); Bob Simpson (MLA); Kevin Kruger (MLA); Adrian Dix NDP Leader; and Bill Bennett (MLA).  Not receiving a response, I resent the email on June 22nd.

Basically I was simply questioning, and asking, what the actual results have been from BC enacting this tax.  To date NO response has been received from anyone that I contacted regarding this.


Dear Sirs ...

The following email was sent approximately a week and a half ago, however I have not yet had a response. 
I was wondering if I will be able to hear back regarding my questions soon??

Thanks ... Alan Forseth



From: alfman55@hotmail.com
To: env.minister@gov.bc.ca
CC: kevin.krueger.mla@leg.bc.ca; adrian.dix.mla@leg.bc.ca; bill.bennett.mla@leg.bc.ca; simpson.b56@gmail.com
Subject: BC to have Carbon Nuetral government by 2010
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 17:09:35 -0700


BC Ministry of the Environment
Attention: Honorable Terry Lake, MLA

June 13th, 2011



Dear Sir,

On the Live Smart BC website (http://www.livesmartbc.ca/government/neutral.html) it talks about the provincial government becoming carbon neutral by 2010.  This website states:

The B.C. Government is setting an example and working to ensure that its operations are carbon neutral for 2010 and every year thereafter. This commitment – enshrined in the Greenhouse Gas Reduction Targets Act – is the first of its kind in North America. It applies to all provincial public sector operations, including government ministries and agencies, schools, colleges, universities, health authorities and Crown corporations.


  • I am wondering, are you able to tell me if this goal has been met?
  • If it has been met, can you tell me if it was through actual improvements made to older outdated heating and cooling systems -- as well as windows and doors -- in government offices, hospitals, and schools for example?
  • If not, was the goal of being revenue neutral achieved through the purchase of 'green' credits?

Thank you for your time and consideration, and I look forward to your prompt response to these questions.

Sincerely,

Alan Forseth
Kamloops, BC


I hope sometime soon to have a response -- if and when I do I will be sure to share it with you.


I'm Alan Forseth in Kamloops ... and these are the thoughts (and questions) of one conservative.

No comments: