Tuesday, January 24, 2012

You cannot fool all of the people all of the time


Tom Flanagan -- hired as Wildrose Party campaign manager
Here’s the headline from a story in today’s Globe and Mail; “Tom Flanagan to run Wildrose campaign in Alberta election

In part, the story says:
"Former Conservative national campaign manager Tom Flanagan will be running the spring election campaign for Alberta’s Wildrose Party, the latest sign that the allegiances of federal Conservatives are split in the party’s home base.

His hiring shows how Wildrose continues to tap into the Conservative base in its bid to dethrone the more centrist PCs."
I reading this story, I have to look at the situation here in British Columbia and say, much the same thing happening.   

In Alberta, as this story indicates, small "c" conservatives are moving to the Wildrose Party ... while in BC small 'c' conservatives are moving to the re-invigorated BC Conservative Party led by former Reform and Conservative MP John Cummins. 

Momentum seems to be in favor of the BC Conservative Party, as poll after poll in the past year has shown the party growing in strength.  Growing to a point where the last poll conducted had the BC Conservative Party now tied at 23% with the Liberals.

As the old saying goes, "You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time."

I’m Alan Forseth in Kamloops, with the thoughts of one conservative.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Someone essentially assist to make seriously posts I would state. This is the very first time I frequented your website page and thus far? I surprised with the research you made to make this particular publish extraordinary. Magnificent activity!
Professional Products 10401 POWERFLOW Holley Carburetor Inlet Kit

Unknown said...

Thanks for your comments ... they are appreciated. I wish I had someone to help with gathering the info I use, but it's all me. Generally each blog post will takes an hour or two to research and write. I enjoy doing this, and I hope in some small way it gets others to think and get involved in whatever way will benefit their community.