Saturday, October 13, 2012

Hmmmm … I think I have made my point. No wait, it’s Alex who has made my point for me



I find it interesting that when bully’s get called out for their actions, they go in to a defensive mode that results in attacking those who MAY be questioning their thoughts / opinions … or perhaps who wish to present another side to things.

Such is the case, apparently, with Alex Tsakumis, who has not appreciated that I have publicly stated his comments can often be caustic and vile.

In his latest posting today, Alex Tsakumis had these comments to make about me:

And while the far left were in full swing in attacking me–ON A THREAD WHERE THE BASE STORY WAS ABOUT A DEAD GIRL, along came the far right. Alan Foresth, the chief defender of John Cummins–BC’s biggest bully–an ACTIVE bully, decided he couldn’t keep his trap shut either. One of the biggest whiners I’ve ever encountered, the flypaper of bloggers, couldn’t wait to lay in with more useless drivel about my “caustic” nature.

Funny that. Marjorie Nichols, Allan Fotheringham, Jack Webster, Pat Burns, Jack Wasserman, Les Bewley, Gary Bannerman and the immortal Rafe Mair, to name a few, all called that REAL JOURNALISM.

Was Christopher Hitchens caustic? You bet. What about Carl Bernstein? Of course,

How ’bout some active examples? Rex Murphy? Yes! George Jonas? Yes! Christie Blatchford? Yes!

This, to Forseth, is bad. All while he defends the biggest bully in the history of BC politics, John Cummins. Alan, you remain a joke. Go away.

WOW … he has just listed off some of the GREATEST journalists, editorialist, and political commentators.  Some have indeed been pretty sharp in their words – however NONE I believe have made it a HABIT of being caustic and vile in responding to other with opinions not lining up with how he sees things.

One of the people commenting on his blog today, someone who goes by ‘eaf’ had a comment to make ... this is what they had to say:

e.a.f. says:
October 12, 2012 at 3:18 PM

The continued bullying we see in society amongst the adults & children is chilling. I don’t know how it got this bad & I don’t know how it will get better. Not only is bulling amongst children verbal, its actions …..

…. As to other “commentaters” who refer to you as a bully, they need to get with the agenda or find another type of work. The exchange of views, information, etc. is a loaded field. I don’t agree with a lot of what you write, I’m NDP but I have not found your writing to be bullying in nature. You express an opinion, people respond, if you don’t like what they say they are notified in sometimes very funny terms, but it isn’t bullying.

Do we have political bullies, you bet. Are they going to go away, not any time soon. Do we have a right to call them that, yes. Expressing one’s views, if done properly, is never bullying. Its usually called democracy.

My response (October 13, 2012 at 2:25 PM) was as follows:

Hi eaf … if Alex chooses to post this, I wish to say that I haven’t hid behind anything, and have been clear and upfront. My comments are posted under my name for all to see, and I believe them to be fair, but that is up to you and others to decide.

I recently said, and I quote: “I find it sad that this man finds it necessary to put forward vile poison, and write words that are caustic and mean-spirited. Sadly, they take away from any and all good journalistic work he has done.”

I give full marks, and full credit for some great journalism he has undertaken — what I and others take offense to, is the tone and words he uses to slice up anyone who might have a difference of opinion

That’s when Alex Tsakumis decided to weigh in with his thoughts:

Reply
AGT says:
 October 13, 2012 at 2:37 PM

And that’s complete BULLSHIT. You took offence the second I went after Cummins–your pal, who is the biggest bully in BC politics today.


Your opinion is worthless and contemptible. My words and manner were fine so long as I covered your side of the political spectrum as you demand.

That’s not going to happen. But thanks for coming by so I can, once again, repeat the fraud odds your ways. And I don’t treat people with differing opinions very caustically at all. Just Cummins right now, because he’s an inveterate bonehead, whose despotic rule has destroyed your party.

My journalism speaks for itself.

Reply
Alan Forseth says:
October 13, 2012 at 2:45 PM

You and I BOTH know that is NOT true Alex … I took offense quite some time back to how you “Responded” to the people who had differences of opinion with you.

This is NOT anything new — your words (when mean-spirited) were NEVER fine with me.

I just decided recently that I would have a fresh look to see how you treated peopled. It hasn’t changed and that in my opinion is regrettable.

Think what you like about that, it is no never minds to me



Reply
AGT says:
October 13, 2012 at 3:23 PM

Alan, you’re a complete fraud and a supporter of bullying in your own party–BY YOUR LEADER.

The only thing fresh about you is the inordinate amount of turds you produce as a result of your thunderous lies.

Go away. We don’t listen to crazies here.


Reply
Alan Forseth says:
Your comment is awaiting moderation.
October 13, 2012 at 3:29 PM

As I said above … “Think what you like about that, it is no never minds to me”
I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend


Hmmmm … I think I have made my point … no wait, it’s Alex who has made my point for me.

I’m Alan Forseth in Kamloops … with the thought of one conservative.



POST SCRIPT:
Alex decided not to post my final comment, I'm not surprised.
 

No comments: