Wednesday, June 5, 2013

We should only do it if we have the gumption to say the BC Conservatives do have a future, and will be a 'strong' and 'viable' option for voters

Kelowna Westside MLA Ben Stewart to step
down.  Photograph:by Adrian Lam
(Victoria imes Colonist)
Following the announcement Christy Clark was preparing to call a by-election in the riding of Kelowna-Westyside (after the winning candidate, BC Liberal Ben Stewart, stepped down) I was asked if I thought the BC Conservative Party should run a candidate against her. 

I SAID YES!

I think we should --- we gave her a pass first time round when she ran to get a seat in legislature after becoming leader; she doesn't deserve another one 


She ran the BC Liberal Party, and the government, her way.  Her personal stamp was on everything.

On May 14th residents of Vancouver Point Grey said what they thought of that, and she lost.  BC Conservative will of course have to recognize the ever raising 'vote-split' arguement will rear its ugly head again -- that however should NOT be a consideration, and there will have to be a plan and strategy in place for that. 

AGAIN ... I think we should run a candidate ... and put every ounce of energy we can in to it.  We should only do it however if we have the gumption to say the BC Conservative Party does have a future, and will be a 'strong' and 'viable' option for voters to support.  That however is my personal opinion and others may not share it -- so be it.

Just so you know I'm willing to back up my beliefs, I have just made a $55 donation to BC Conservatives for the Kelowna campaign. 

Anyone else willing to show the party we still want to give BC a REAL choice .. a real alternative to BOTH the BC Liberals and the NDP?  Here's the link to go to:
https://secure.bcconservative.ca/?f=donate

I'm Alan Forseth in Kamloops ... with the "independent" thoughts of one conservative.

No comments: