Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A decade after taking power, the NDP are still to blame

Do you know what I find both annoying and frustrating?  It’s hearing the BC Liberals, 10 years after they have been the government in Victoria, still blaming the NDP for things they are not dealing very well with.

For example yesterday I heard my Kamloops South Thompson MLA, Kevin Krueger, on the CHNL early morning news, blaming LONG wait time at Royal Inland Hospital (RIH) on the NDP.

He was saying that because the previous NDP administration had built the cancer clinic in Kelowna, this was the reason why we had a shortage of doctors and facilities here in Kamloops.

Kevin, it’s been 10 years --- one hundred and twenty months … over three thousand six hundred and fifty days … and some where around eighty eight thousand hours since you became government.  Don’t you think in that amount of time, you could have taken a couple of hours, with each of the Health Ministers we’ve had, to see what could be done?


Yesterday I heard from someone that had to go in to RIH for some tests – you have to take a number from the machine so you get a place in the line – the “Take a Number Machine” ran out of numbers  (sad but true).

People were backed up in the parkade trying to find a place for their vehicle — which of course they get dinged to pay for IF they can even find a spot.

Oh that reminds me … I have an older friend who’s been married now for many decades.  His wife has been in the hospital now for a few weeks and he has been going to see her two or three times a day.  It is just wrong that he has to pay several dollars a day – every day – to make sure she has his company, and that she is being well cared for.

Now I am NOT a whiner and complainer, but in this day and age is this really the best that we can do?

People wait on lists for month on end for surgeries that are important to their physical and mental well being – so that they can fully participate in the lives of family members – so they can continue working – to be free of pain – to enjoy sports and recreation -- to run, climb, and ride a bike like other children.

And the wait times; well according to Kevin Krueger and the BC Liberals, a decade after taking power, it’s still the blame of the NDP.

We must do better!  I’m Alan Forseth in Kamloops, and those are the thoughts of one conservative.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am not totally convinced that this still is not an NDP legacy Allan. Debt does not get repayed overnight, and when you chase all the 'debt repayers" out of the province (buisnesses & tradespeople)it takes even longer. I saw how the NDP "Marie Antoinette" attitude drove all the tradespeople to Alberta.
Our problem is that we seem to think that we need to spend, spend, spend.. Everyone seems to have "rights" but aparently not "responsibilities" Gordon Campbell may have had his flaws, but I still think he was on the right track, and I think BC's economy since the NDP were ousted speaks well of his programs.

Unknown said...

Hi Bob ... thanks I appreciate your comments. I guess I just get tired of hearing ... "It's their fault" every time we have a change in government at whatever level.

Campbell did do some good things, however on the accountability level --- and being open and responsive to voter, well not so good.

We do need to 'do better' though which is one of the reason I have become politically active again. Couldn't crank and groose myself if I wasn't willing to step up ti the plate after all.

Take care -- and thanks again for posting your comments.