Monday, December 19, 2011

I would like to say thanks to two MLA's who have I believe worked hard to 'represent' their constituents

As we head towards what I believe to be one of the one of the greatest celebrations of the year ... Christmas ... things are getting a little more hectic on the home front ... with the regular everyday meetings and activities ... holiday get-togethers ... and with practices and rehearsals for the Christmas eve service at the church our family attends.

Holiday lights of the BC Legislature -- November 2011
That means the blog will take a bit of a hit over the next two weeks at least ... and it means I'll be posting bits and pieces of things that catch my eye, and maybe with a brief comment our two.

I have now been writing and posting the Conservative Thoughts blog for over a year.  

It has most time been a labour of love, but truthfully at other times it has frustrated me as I have looked at how our political system operates, and the blind loyalty it often demands.

As you all know I am a member of the BC Conservative party ... and I am also a representative for the riding's in the Kamloops area.  That does not mean however I cannot see the good in others (and the bright spots) within BC political system.  


While I know other will say, "Hey what about ...", I would like to offer my personal "Thanks" to two MLA's who I believe have worked hard to 'represent' their constituents.  

The first is Bob Simpson from Cariboo North who has been championing electoral  reform ... the second  is Liberal MLA John Rustad.  He makes it a point, on his Facebook page, to post news stories and ideas that look hard at what is being done in BC and elsewhere within the political system ... and he seeks the opinions, thoughts, and ideas, of those not just of a "Liberal" viewpoint, but across the political system.

I happen to think that NO political party has a lock on the "Right way" to govern --- and that we should be electing people willing to work on initiatives that will provide a free exchange of ideas. So ... thanks to both of you for what you are doing on behalf of, and for, all British Columbians.

Finally ... I know there are more than just these two MLA's that are working towards, or trying to be, true elected "representatives" so let me know who else you feel should be added to this list -- and why.

That's going to be a wrap for today, with the exception of recommending you try and have a look at an article in today's Globe and Mail, "Telling the naked truth is good politics"

I'm Alan Forseth in Kamloops ... with the thoughts of one conservative.








No comments: